Friday, March 4, 2016

The Cat Island || Wyspa kotów

One of the things I love the most in Cyprus is cats. They are everywhere – warming up in the sun, walking lazily in the streets, staring at you at a tavern and waiting for some food. The Cyprus cats are much bigger than cats I used to see in my country. They are believed to be descended from cats of Egypt or Palestine brought by St. Helen in the fourth century to Cyprus to rid the island of snakes and vermin. Following this thought I adopted one Cypriot cat and I feed all the cats that come to my house.




Jedną z rzeczy, które kocham najbardziej na Cyprze to koty. Są wszędzie - wygrzewają się w słońcu, spacerują leniwie po ulicach, patrzą się na ciebie w tawernie i czekają na jedzenie. Cypryjskie koty są znacznie większe niż koty, które widywałam w moim kraju. Mówi się, że wywodzą się z kotów z Egiptu lub Palestyny, przywiezionych przez Św. Helenę w IV wieku na Cypr, aby uwolnić wyspę węży i robactwa. Idąc tym tropem zaadoptowałam jednego cypryjskiego kota i karmię wszystkie, które tylko przyjdą do mojego domu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment